Clean Regatta 2019
Centenary Sailing Regatta this weekend Oct 5th & 6th
For our centenary year, this years sailing regatta will be a 2 day event, with Sat being the fun day with games and activities and plenty of time on the water to practice for regatta. Sunday is race day, with troops coming from all over to compete in the national regatta!
Both days run from 9am at Malahide Yacht Club, Broadmeadows.
Things to note:
Please bring warm clothes and boating gear for both days i.e. wetsuit, booties, cag etc. Full uniform needed on Sunday.
If you would like to be on a team for Sunday or have any questions shoot me a direct message It’s gonna be super fun!!
We are proud to announce that we have joined with Sailors for the Sea’s Clean Regattas program. Protecting our local waters is very important to us and we ask for your help in this effort. We are doing all we can to minimize the impact on our shores & seas but we need your help. As participants, your actions will be important as we work to reduce our environmental impact. Your choices with make a difference. Here are ways you can help out:
- BYOB: Bring your own reusable water bottle. We will have water refill stations at the event. This means NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC BOTTLES.
- Transport: The event site is a CAR FREE ZONE so please do not drive, the gates will be locked. Reduce your carbon footprint by walking, cycling or using public transport.
- Take part in the fun and educational activities!
- Food: Packed lunches must be in reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging i.e. NO SINGLE USE PLASTICS
- Rubbish: Separate your rubbish and dispose of it in the appropriate bins.