Sea Rangers in Malahide
In the late 1950’s a company of Sea Rangers from the Irish Girl Guide Association were based in Malahide. Founded by Mrs. Wendy Wardrop and ex –service member of the Royal Naval Service. Meetings took place in the basement Wardrop’s house on The Mall, Malahide.
The company had a 16 foot ships boat, clinker built with a transom. The crew boated well and would be seen regularly in full uniform on the Estuary. The crew’s colours were presented by Mr and Mrs Dickie and stood in the Chancel in Malahide Church. Mr. Dermot Dickie had been a member of the 4th Port of Dublin (Malahide Sea Scouts), Local Association back in 1920. Here in the attached photo are the former members of the Malahide Sea Rangers on board The Lady Grania at George’s Quay, Dublin 2.
On board The Lady Grania at George’s Quay, Dublin 2. are From left to right……………………
Vivian Wakely ,Vivian Morrison ,Diana Gilbert , Ruth McMullan, Hilary Hortons ,Margaret Dawson ,Barbara Boyd and Anne Fry