Vetting and Safeguarding
To read Scouting Ireland’s Code of Behaviour click here
All leaders are required to renew their vetting and safeguarding every three years.
To check if either of these are due for renewal:
- Log onto my.scouts.ie (your username is your Scouting Ireland membership number)
- Click My Profile
- Below your contact details click the Show More button
- Scroll down and you will see the date of your last vetting
- Click View Full Member History
- On the drop down menu choose Training and you will see your last safeguarding training date.
To renew vetting:
- Fill out the garda vetting form Garda eVetting Documents. You also need to have a copy of 2 IDs (as per the instructions).
- Leave all the above in an envelope in the Chairman’s (Kevin Rowan) mail slot in the Den (on the wall beside the door into Maindeck).
Please note during Covid lockdown, instead of the above, please email a copy of the completed form and copies of IDs directly to Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org
To renew safeguarding you need to book a safeguarding refresher course (please see ‘How to Book Training’).