Welcome to Training at Malahide Sea Scouts. With support from Scouting Ireland trainers we provide an adult training scheme to help volunteer leaders to deliver an active programme to the youth in their care. The scheme is known as Woodbadge Trail, its strands are outlined below.
For full details of the scheme, see the resource Training Programme Scouters.
Whether you’ve come up through the ranks in Scouts/Ventures or just come in off the street, you need to do the Induction evening to become a Scouter (Leader). At your Induction evening you will be invited to supply your name, address, mobile number, email address, and date of birth. Scouting Ireland have introduced a new online system for making an application to become a new volunteer scouter. No paper applications will be handled anymore. After the Induction Evening, there are 6 more steps of the induction process. These steps are outlined below:
- Complete online e-learning module(s) when requested.
- You will then receive a link from Scouting Ireland to complete an online application.
- You will need to supply 2 reputable referees (only 1 may be a member of Scouting Ireland) along with their contact details. We request you provide a mobile number and not a landline.
- Complete online Garda Vetting. (Note: Last page of this PDF “Parent/Guardian Consent Form – NVB 3″ is only required for applicants under 18 years of age.)
- Produce 2 original ID docs for signing off. (One must be either Passport, driving license, along with either: student card, domestic bill, company ID, or bankcard)
- You will then be Informed of next courses. A new volunteer scouter must complete all strands of “This is Scouting” (incl. “Being a Scouter”) before been fully integrated into the scout group.
Old to New Scheme ‘Cross Over’ Points:
To check the the National Training Calendar click here.
Booking Training Courses 2018:
Online Training Bookings are now open and applicants/groups can now book online and pay either online or by cheque/eft.
To book a course as an individual you have to do the following.
- Log onto my.scouts.ie
- Click My Profile and scroll to the calendar at the end of the page.
- Click the highlighted dates to see the courses.
- Click Find Out More to see further details of the course.
- If you wish to book a place, click Book Now and from there you can enter special/dietary requirements and choose to pay online or pay by cheque/eft.
- If there is no Book Now button it means the course is booked out or closed.
Give your Trainer a shout! (Brian or Sonia, depending on your Programme Section)
Leaders are responsible for booking/paying for their training courses. You have 7 days from when you make a booking to make the full payment. If payment has not been received within this time frame, the booking will be automatically cancelled and removed from the course.
A full refund will be provided by Malahide Sea Scouts upon leaders completing each course. You will need to complete a payment request form and attach it to a copy of your certificate and put it in our Treasurer’s (John Butterly’s) mail slot in the Den. Please include your IBAN so he can transfer the payment directly to you.